Important Product Information at Bottom of Page
|PlasmaLoc – Piezobrush PZ3 Professional Set (including Nearfield and Standard modules, hands-free stand, and hard carrying case). Increases hydrophilicity of implant surface and maximizes bonding strength of restorative component.
|Hands-Free Stand for PlasmaLoc PZ3
|PlasmaLoc PZ3 Module Standard – for Non-Conductive Materials
|PlasmaLoc PZ3 Module Nearfield – for Conductive Materials
The Blue Sky Bio PlasmaLoc is a compact plasma handheld device that creates cold active plasma at a temperature of less than 50°C. The main component of this portable plasma device is the TDK piezo plasma generator CeraPlas™ – a high-voltage discharge device for generating cold atmospheric-pressure plasma. Plasma is used to increase the surface energy of metals, ceramics and resins. The process performed at room temperature without contact of the treated surface and takes less than one minute without requiring disposable materials. Treated implant surfaces exhibit a greatly increased wettability. Hydrophilic implant surfaces have shown to promote cell deposition. Restorative resins and ceramics treated with atmospheric plasma allow for uniform staining and optimized bonding strength.
Increased wettability of implant surfaces
Increased bonding strength of abutments and prosthetics
Improved adhesion between acrylics, metals and ceramics
Improved shade appearance and shortened process times for surface staining
This module is used to treat electrically conductive components such as implants and metallic restorations . With this module, the plasma only ignites when it is close enough to a conductive surface. At a distance of a few millimeters, a violet glow is visible in the gap between module and substrate indicating that the treatment is being performed.
This module is designed for the surface treatment of non-conductive substrates such as resins and ceramics. For effective treatment, a module-to-substrate distance of 1 to 5 mm is recommended. A safety feature to prevent damage to the unit and to the treated surfaces turns off the device automatically if uncontrolled arcing occurs on the substrate during use.
Click here to review the PlasmaLoc operating manual.
- Supply voltage: 24 V DC (device) / 110 – 230 V AC (power supply)
- Power consumption: max. 18 W
- Weight: 110 g (not including plug-in power supply)
- Length: 215 mm
- Plasma temperature: < 50 °C
- Temperature: 10 – 40 °C; 50 – 104 °F Storage temperature
General information on the piezobrush® PZ3 - click here.
Technical papers on the use of the handheld device piezobrush®:
- Effect Of Non-Thermal Air Plasma Treatment On Shear Bond Strength Of Adhesive Resin Cement To Zirconia - click here
- Effects of Plasma Treatment on the Bioactivity of Alkali-Treated Ceria-Stabilised
Zirconia/Alumina Nanocomposite (NANOZR) - click here
- Effect of Plasma Treatment on Titanium Surface on the Tissue Surrounding Implant Material - click here
- Plasma and UV-light surface modification of Titanium Surfaces - click here
- Plasma handheld device piezobrush PZ3 in the dental lab - click here
- Plasma in the production of medical devices - click here
- Plasma in the dental lab and in implantology - click here
- Plasma in medicine - click here